7.16.2009

Cooking 101

{the final product}
{alaina working hard in the kitchen}
Sometime ago, my friend Alaina asked me if I could give her some cooking lessons during the summer.  I was excited that she had asked me, and eagerly agreed to teach her along with the disclaimer that I'm no professional by any means, just a girl who loves good food and experimenting in the kitchen.  

Last night we kicked off Cooking 101 with Alaina's favorite cuisine: Italian.   On the menu was penne a la vodka and chicken marsala, both versatile crowd pleasing dishes that can be served at a dinner party or even for a romantic dinner (kisses guaranteed after).  I'm happy to say that it was a success, and we both had a great time.  Next up: BAKING!!! Stay tuned, we might even tape it if all works out :) 

recipes can be found here and here, but were adapted to personal taste. enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails