10.02.2009

Letters to my mother



Dear Mom,

This weekend marks exactly two years since you passed away, and it makes my heart ache to realize that I haven't seen, hugged, or spoken to you in that long. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about you. I miss you so much.

Two years have flown by so quickly. I constantly find myself investing my time and effort into anything and everything that will keep me occupied or make you proud. Here's a little snapshot of what I've been up to: My summer was brimming with vacations and a full on social calendar. From baking to zip-lining, we did it all. Don't worry though, I'm balancing my social life with being a responsible grown up too. I recently began my internship as a clinical child therapist, and I love it. Coming home exhausted everyday will take a little getting used to though.

Sunday will be a somber day for me, but I'm trying my hardest to stay strong. I've made a decision to set this Sunday aside to celebrate your life instead of wallowing in my sadness. I can't promise there won't be a few breakdowns here and there, but more than anything I want to take time to remember and appreciate how special you were. You touched so many people in your short time here with your kind and selfless heart. To me, you were the best mom a girl could ever ask for. Your memory will live in my heart always and forever.

I love you.

Your daughter,
Missy

3 comments:

  1. What a touching tribute to your beautiful mother. Thank you for sharing something so close to your heart. I pray Sunday will just be a wonderful day for you in spite of your sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful and poignant tribute to your mom. How proud she must have been to have you as her daughter. And what a wonderful way to honor her memory. I bet she was glad that you celebrated her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I think that this is what every mother longs to hear from her children. Bless you for being able to put it into words with such love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails